Friday, May 9, 2008

picture this...

20 people around a big long table, reaching over one other to grab handfuls of Injera and all the delicious, explode in your mouth, spices, meats, lentils, split peas and vegetables that go with it off of 5 large round trays spread between the tables. It was my "how many people can I see at once while I'm in San Diego for 48 hours" dinner at the Red Sea Restaurant...hands down, my all time down favorite restaurant in the world. Check out the link above for a little explanation and recipe :)

My other favorite restaurant that I like to visit when I'm in San Diego is Mama's Bakery and Lebanese Deli. I always have the manakeesh ultimate. It BURSTS with the tart flavor of lebni (their yogurt cream cheese), the fresh surprise of mint leaves, the nutty taste of sesame seeds and smooth mixture of olives and olive oil and so much more wrapped in their fresh flat bread. It impresses me every time how simple and satisfying it is.

1 comment:

michaela said...

yogurt cream cheese?!
mint leaves??!
sesame seeds???!
AND olives????!!

that sounds beyond perfect. i'm in.